Introduction to Qualifying Bets
Understanding Qualifying Bets is one of the most important aspects of Matched Betting. Some promotions, such as Sign Up offers and Profit Boosts, are given to all sportsbook users without the need to qualify. But many promotions require an initial bet to qualify for the promotion. This is known as a Qualifying Bet. The Qualifying Bet reward is given in the form of Site Credit or Bonus Bets.
Understanding the T&C
Qualifying Bet promotions have a variety of criteria outlined in their Terms and Conditions (T&C). Understanding these terms is critical. You need to ensure your bet will qualify for the promotion. Otherwise, your hedge bet will be incorrect and you will risk losing money instead of guaranteeing profit.
There are several important pieces of information needed to properly place qualifying bets using the Qualifying Bet Finder:
- Bet Amount: How much you need to bet to qualify for the reward or the maximum allowable bet for the promotion.
- Reward Type: Site Credit, Bonus Bet, Bonus Voucher, or Other*
- Reward Based On: What the reward amount is tied to.
- Max Reward Value: Maximum reward amount. Only needed for Qualifying Bets with a “Promo Value” of “Winnings”
- Reward Modifier: The percentage of the winnings or bet-match that the reward value is equal to. Such as 50%, 100%, or 300%.
- Outcome Needed: Select if you get the reward based on a win, loss, or either.
- Enter Reward Value: How much the reward is worth.
*Other can be used for rewards other than Site Credit for Bonus Bet. The Bet Finder assumes that you will be able to convert this reward at 100% of its value. A common example is a gift card or a Profit Boost you can use later.
Types of Qualifying Bets
Read the guides for each type of Qualifying Bet.
- Winnings The reward is tied to the amount you win, for example: “Receive a Bonus Bet up to 100% of your winnings up to $50.”
- Bet Match The reward is equal to your bet amount, or a percentage of your bet amount. Example: “Bet Match of $250. Bet $250 get $250 site credit.”
- Loss Back Refund on net losses.
- Manual Entry User-entered reward value. Catch all for rewards that do not fit into the Qualifying Bets above.