Stacking Risk Free Bets
Before proceeding you need to have an understanding of how Risk Free Bets work. You can learn more in our Risk Free Bet guides.
Risk Free Bets are the most common sign-up offer, and they are often automatically applied to your first wager. As outlined in the Stacking Promotions guides it is easiest to hedge a Risk Free Bet with cash on a different sportsbook where you do not have a Risk Free Bet. However, you may face a situation where you have to hedge a Risk Free Bet with another Risk Free Bet. Stacking Risk Free Bets reduces your profit, but there is one approach that will allow you to avoid this. The downside is that it is more complicated and requires a larger bankroll.
Instead of placing one matched bet where both sides of the matched bet are Risk Free Bets, you place two matched bets (four bets in total). By placing them in a specific order you can avoid stacking the Risk Free Bets against each other.
Find The Bets and Fund Accounts
In this example, you have a Risk Free Bet on MGM and FanDuel. Both are automatically applied to your first wager. Using the Risk Free Bet Finder you find the following two bets.
Once you have identified the bets you will need to fund each sportsbook with enough money to cover the Risk Free Bet and the hedge bet. In the example above you need to deposit a total of $7,443.
- $3,870 on FanDuel. $1,000 for the Risk Free Bet and $2,870 for the hedge.
- $3,573 on MGM. $1,000 for the Risk Free Bet and $2,573 for the hedge.
Place The Bets
To avoid putting the Risk Free Bets against each other you need to place the bets in the exact order outlined below. This allows you to successfully convert both Risk Free Bets without the risk of reducing your profit.
- $1,000 bet on FanDuel on the Pacers moneyline at +305. The Risk Free Bet is automatically applied.
- $1,000 bet on MGM on the Timberwolves moneyline at +335. The Risk Free Bet automatically applied.
- $2,573 bet on MGM on the 76ers moneyline at -315. Hedge for bet 1, this is not a Risk Free Bet since it is your second bet on MGM.
- $2,870 bet on FanDuel on the Raptors moneyline at -350. Hedge for bet 2, this is not a Risk Free Bet since it is your second bet on FanDuel.
Placing the bets above in the exact order presented and one at a time allows both of your first bets placed on MGM and FanDuel to be Risk Free Bets and avoids stacking them against each other. Switching steps 2 and 3 results in the Risk Free Bet on MGM being applied to the 76ers bet. This will impact and likely reduce your total profit. Read more in our Incorrectly Stacking Bets guide.
The advantage of this method is that it allows you to guarantee maximum profit from a scenario where you only have Risk Free Bets available. The disadvantages to this method are that it is more complex and requires a larger bankroll. You will need a larger bankroll because you have to deposit enough money in both sportsbooks to not only place the Risk Free Bet but also the hedge bet. In the example above you would need to deposit a total of $7,443. $3,573 on MGM and $3,870 on FanDuel.