Sportsbook Sign-up Offers
Here is a list of the common types of sign-up offers. See your State’s guide for more details.
Risk Free Bet
- Overview: Wagering cash from your bankroll, but if it loses you get a refund of either Site Credit or a Free Bet.
- Notes: This is the most common sign-up offer and it is often automatically applied to your first bet. Risk Free Bets refunded as Site Credit are worth more than those refunded as a Free Bet. Use the Risk Free Bet Finder to convert this promotion.
- Examples: FanDuel $1,000 Risk Free Bet refunded as Site Credit.
- Overview: Receive Site Credit or a Free Bet based on your first deposit.
- Notes: Most deposit matches are Site Credit. Playthrough requirements (rollover) and minimum odds vary across each sportsbook–see the Site Credit Bet Finder guide for more details. Use the Site Credit or Free Bet Finder to convert this promotion.
- Examples: BetRivers $250 Site Credit deposit match.
- Overview: Receive Site Credit or a Free Bet based on your first wager, win or lose.
- Notes: Unlike a Risk Free Bet you receive the Free Bet/Site Credit even if you win. Use the Qualifying Bet Finder.
- Examples: FireKeepers $500 Bet Match.
- Overview: A variation of bet X get Y.
- Notes: Significant variation across each sportsbook. Most often only your first wager qualifies, and it would count as your Risk Free Bet if one is offered. Nearly every time the Risk Free Bet is worth more.
- Examples: FanDuel Bet $5 win $150 on an NFL game. Do NOT do this if FanDuel is offering a $1,000 Risk Free Bet, since the Risk Free Bet is worth more.
- Examples: DraftKings bet $5 and get a $280 Free Bet on an NFL money line. DraftKings usually does not have a sign-up offer tied to your first bet, which means you wouldn’t need to worry about the bet $5 offer interfering with another first-bet-only promotion.